There is only a matter of seconds to grab visitors attention when they hit your site. A web strategy is about crafting a solution that is usable and accessible whilst incorporating the right look and feel for your business.
1. Generate interest
- Your site might not be ready for visitors yet, but that doesn’t mean you can’t start promoting it. Promoting your new website with a pre-launch countdown can generate more interest and enthusiasm than promoting after it’s launched. This can also be shared via Social media channels to create a buzz and increase your following prior to launch.
2. Encourage visitors to sign up to a mailing list
An email list will give you a way to connect with your visitors. Sign up with an email marketing service, and start off by using one of their pre-designed templates to add an opt-in box to your site. You may want to consider giving new visitors an incentive to sign up, such as a discount off their first purchase perhaps.
3. Learn the basics of SEO
While you don’t need to be an SEO expert to start ranking in the search engines, it is important to have a few basics in place. A few of the most important elements to have in place when you launch your site are:
- ♦ Use keywords (words and phrases you want to rank for) in strategic areas of your page: your navigation bar, your title tags, post titles, header tags, alt image tags, etc.
- ♦ Build links to your site.
- ♦ Make sure your URLs use words instead of numbers or symbols.
- ♦ Make sure your site is fully responsive on all mobile devices.
4. Invest in high-quality imagery
The human brain is much more adept at absorbing visual information than written, or even verbal formats. Despite the well-known phrase, “don’t judge a book by its cover”, human beings are naturally visual creatures, and it is in our nature to make first impressions from the images we see.
Here are the facts…
♦ Articles with images average 94% more total views.
♦ A press release with photos gets nearly 15% more online views.
♦ 70% of e-commerce shoppers say the product image inform their purchase decisions. VI’s photographic services are proof that – a picture truly is worth a thousand words.
♦ 46% of marketers say photography is critical to their marketing and storytelling strategies.